In this special episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, the tables have turned once again and I’m the one in the podcast guest seat! As you can imagine, it was very strange to be the one answering the questions for a change, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience nonetheless!
To switch things up on the show, I decided to share my podcast with Richard Bostock, who is the mind behind Abeona, an advisory and execution business in the field of relocations, specifically within Europe. Abeona offer an end-to-end service for people and businesses considering a move abroad, whether temporarily or permanently.
As the interviewee, I answered all of Richard’s questions and as he put it, we really “got under the skin of Mike Richards.” So, if you’re interested to find out more about me, the origins of The Treasury Recruitment Company and discover tips for hiring and securing a job role within treasury, tune in!
In this episode I discuss the following…
- How the industry has evolved since I started The Treasury Recruitment Company over 20 years ago
- What difficulties I’ve encountered when trying to match candidates to positions
- The reality of how international the skills market is in the treasury industry
- Whether having a diverse team within treasury is much more productive than the alternative
- Whether recruiting across borders improves your chances of finding the best candidate
- How open treasury professionals are today when it comes to relocating for a job and how that has changed over the years
- What treasury hiring managers look for in a candidate who is not local and how that compares to local candidates
- My experience of when a work relocation went wrong
- The challenges The Treasury Recruitment Company faced when opening its office in the US
- What it’s like being on both sides of the pond
If you would like to get in touch with Richard, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn Profile
Or if you want to find out more about Abeona and their services please view their website by clicking here or you can visit their LinkedIn page by clicking here.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out…