In this week’s episode of the Treasury Career Corner, I’m joined by Tom Milligan, a seasoned treasury professional with over 30 years management experience, and a track record of financial and operational leadership across multiple industry sectors including mining, transport, logistics, leasing and biotech.
On the episode Tom shares his journey from his early days in finance at IBM to his most recent roles with First Quantum Minerals and Qatar Airways.
He has worked with companies ranging in size from start-up to FTSE 100 and raised debt from $100m to $3bn in individual issuances.
Tom is a qualified Chartered Accountant and an Associate Member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers. He also has an Honors Degree in Business Studies from Glasgow Caledonian University plus other qualifications in Aviation Finance and the Business of Mining.
Tom has also been a Committee Member with the Irish Association of Corporate Treasurers and the International Air Transport Association Treasury Committee.
On the podcast we discuss…
- First discovering Finance and then transitioning into Treasury
- Tom’s journey across multiple industries (mining, transport, logistics)
- The evolution of treasury since he first entered the field
- Why you should integrate with other areas in the organisation and not see treasury as a standalone discipline
- The benefits of continuous learning and adaptability to thrive in the treasury profession
- Future trends in treasury
- Why networking within the treasury community helps create valuable connections and opportunities
- Practical tips for aspiring treasury professionals
You can connect with Tom Milligan on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!