Every person’s path into treasury is different and this week’s guest is no exception.
But the important thing is to be open to change and new challenges in order to springboard your career.
On this episode of The Treasury Career Corner, we are joined by Thomas Böttger, Global Head of Finance and Insurance of Covestro AG (former Bayer MaterialScience AG).
Thomas joined Bayer AG (Germany) in 2005, holding positions as Head of Structured Finance and from 2008 as Head of Capital Markets. In 2012 he moved to Bayer Antwerpen NV in Belgium to become Head of Treasury Center BeNeLux assuming in this role additional responsibility for the finance section of Bayer World Investments B.V., Mijdrecht (Netherlands) in 2014.
Thomas started his career at Deutsche Post AG in Bonn, Germany, as a Management Trainee in Finance in 1998. From 1999, he worked as a Trader and Risk Manager in Corporate Treasury at Deutsche Post AG.
On the podcast we discuss…
- His journey from an internship in finance to a move into corporate treasury
- What attracted him to make the move into treasury
- His recommendations for others in the early stages in their career
- Becoming Head of Capital Markets during a financial crisis
- Building up a Treasury Center in a different country
- Why teamwork and utilising your team wisely is so important
- The advantages of being prepared for a pandemic
- Why being open to change and new challenges is key
You can connect with Thomas Böttger on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!