You don’t have to set your career path in stone, you can explore and create development in any number of ways.
That advice comes from this week’s guest Ara Hamamjian, Executive Director, Treasurer at BioMarin, a world leader in developing and commercializing first or best-in-class therapies for rare genetic diseases.
With his extensive experience in treasury across various industries, Ara brings his invaluable expertise to this week’s episode of The Treasury Career Corner.
On the episode, Ara shares his treasury career journey, starting from his college fraternity treasurer role to working at companies like Hewlett-Packard, Levi Strauss & Co, Electronic Arts, Fitbit, and now BioMarin.
He discusses the challenges and opportunities he faced in each role and highlights the importance of networking and adaptability in career development.
Ara also touches on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on treasury operations and the value of in-person interactions in building relationships and professional growth.
On the podcast we discuss…
- Ara’s career journey from college fraternity treasurer to treasury roles at various companies
- The benefits of working in both large corporate and smaller treasury teams
- The challenges and opportunities in treasury roles at Hewlett Packard, Levi Strauss, Electronic Arts, Fitbit and BioMarin
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on treasury operations and shift to remote work
- The importance of networking and building relationships in career development
- Why in-person interactions are crucial for deeper understanding and better communication
You can connect with Ara Hamamjian on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!