In this captivating episode we revisit episode 171 with Oliver Gygax now the Treasurer at Asendia, a global leader in international e-commerce and mail.
As Oliver re-joins us, we look at what he has been up to since he was last on the show and take a look back at his fascinating treasury career journey and the challenges he has faced along the way.
Oliver’s professional path has encompassed various sectors, commencing in traditional banking, transitioning to online banking, and ultimately venturing into treasury. Along the way, he has accumulated valuable wisdom and highlights the importance of career development and accumulating diverse experiences.
With a distinguished track record, Oliver has held esteemed positions in prominent treasury roles, including Treasury Director at Utopia Music, Head of Group Treasury at EMS Group, Vice President of Corporate Treasury at Daniel Swarovski Corporation and Head of Treasury at Aduno Group.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Insights into Oliver’s career journey from banking to corporate treasury
- Challenges faced in building a treasury department from scratch versus joining an established one
- The role of treasury in the ecommerce industry and the unique challenges it presents
- The importance of staying flexible and curious in the ever-changing world of treasury
- Advice for treasury professionals at different stages of their careers
- Oliver brings us up to date on his current role with Asendia
You can connect with Oliver on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here.
Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!