In this special episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast, we are delving back into our archives to revisit an insightful conversation with Forrest Cebold, the Treasurer at Freeport LNG.
Forrest rejoins the show to provide us with an update on his recent endeavors and shares his insights on networking, career development, and the challenges of remote work in the treasury field.
During our discussion, Forrest shares his wealth of knowledge and top tips for building a successful Treasury career. He draws from his extensive financial background, which encompasses diverse experiences within prominent global companies in the energy and holding company sectors.
Additionally, we delve into the remarkable journey of Freeport LNG, initially founded in 2002 with the objective to design, build and operate an LNG import and regasification terminal. However, with the advent of the shale gas revolution in the late 2000s, marked a turning point in the U.S. oil and gas industry. For Freeport LNG, it meant taking their business in a new direction: transforming an import terminal into a natural gas liquefaction and liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility. Today, they are on the path to becoming one of the largest exporters of LNG in the United States.
Join us as we reconnect with Forrest Cebold and gain fresh insights into the ever-evolving world of Treasury. Learn from his experiences and discover the strategies that can propel your career to new heights.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Forrest’s journey of discovering finance and Treasury
- The benefits of branching into international Treasury for Treasurers
- Navigating organizational acquisitions
- Transitioning from private to public groups and retail to the oil and gas industry
- The importance of adapting to company culture in Treasury roles
- Building strong relationships as a key aspect of Treasury success
- Being prepared for upward mobility within an organization
- Managing global Treasury relationships and challenges
- Tips for embracing new job opportunities in Treasury
- The value of networking, learning, and effective communication in Treasury
- Key tips for succeeding in the Treasury field
- Forrest’s recent experiences since he was last on the show
- The impact of AI on treasury
You can connect with Forrest on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here.
Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!