In this revisited episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, we catch up with Shailesh Bettadapur, the Treasurer and Vice President of Investor Relations for Mohawk Industries, Inc, as he shares his insights on the changes in treasury post-pandemic and the future of the profession.
Shailesh is the VP and Treasurer at Mohawk Industries, a Fortune 500 manufacturer and distributor of floor covering products in North America, Europe and Asia with headquarters outside of Atlanta, Georgia.
With over 20 years of experience in treasury, Shailesh has a wealth of knowledge andexpertise to share and we are delighted to welcome him back on the show.
The episode delves into Shailesh’s treasury career journey, starting from his first break in treasury at General Motors to his international moves to Belgium, Singapore, and back to the US. Shailesh discusses the evolving role of treasury, the challenges faced during the financial crisis, and the importance of adapting to changes in the industry.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Shailesh’s career path to date
- His journey from an internship in finance to a move into the world of corporate treasury
- His recommendations for others in the early stages in their career
- What attracted him to make the move into treasury
- The changes in treasury over the years and the impact of the financial crisis
- His experience of building up a Treasury Center in a different country
- The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on treasury operations and the shift towards remote work
- The role of technology, including blockchain and AI in shaping the future of treasury
- Advice for treasury professionals on embracing change, staying adaptable, and continuously learning
You can connect with Shailesh Bettadapur on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!