To be successful in treasury, it’s important to remember that relationships matter.
Not just internally but externally and by cultivating those relationships it will help you become a better person.
That advice comes from this week’s guest on The Treasury Career Corner, Tim Muindi, Treasurer at ServiceNow.
Tim shares his route into treasury, the career moves he has made along the way and his advice for others looking to network and forge strong relationships.
As Treasurer at ServiceNow Tim is responsible for many areas including Capital Markets, Treasury Operations, Currency Risk Management, Investments, and Insurance.
Tim was also the key architect of ServiceNow’s $100M Racial Equity Fund launched in February 2021 with the objective of building equitable opportunities within Black communities by facilitating sustainable wealth creation through homeownership, affordable housing, entrepreneurship, and neighbourhood revitalization.
Prior to joining ServiceNow, Tim held several Treasury roles in various industries including social media, software, internet infrastructure, smart grid technology, data storage devices, and transportation.
Tim earned a B.A. in International Business from Whitworth University in Washington and an MBA from Willamette University in Oregon.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Tim’s journey from finance into the world of treasury
- His previous career moves and responsibilities
- His role at EY travelling and leading projects globally to provide corporate treasury guidance
- Witnessing a financial crisis and the value of strong relationships
- Establishing a treasury function from scratch and IPO preparation
- Building LinkedIn’s Treasury infrastructure for growth and expansion
- His involvement in the Diversity Advisory Council and their efforts towards workforce diversity
- Networking and relationship-building tips
- The importance of patience when waiting for opportunities
You can connect with Tim Muindi on LinkedIn
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!