In this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, Kenny Nielsen, Treasurer at Twoday Group, shares his career journey and discusses the role of technology in driving change in the treasury profession.
Kenny Nielsen is the Treasurer at Twoday, a full-service technology company specializing in software development, data and business intelligence, AI and automation, consultancy services and tailor-made applications to both the private and public sector.
With his expertise in treasury and finance, Kenny provides valuable insights into the evolving role of treasury professionals.
He takes us through his career journey, starting from his early finance roles in advertising and his transition to treasury at Maersk. He then shares his experience working in banking before joining Twoday. Kenny discusses the challenges and opportunities he faced in his diverse roles and highlights the importance of being adaptable and open to new experiences. He also emphasizes the increasing role of technology and AI in treasury and the potential impact on treasury management systems.
On the podcast we discuss…
- Kenny’s career journey from advertising to treasury and his decision to explore different roles.
- The size and scope of Maersk’s treasury team and the challenges of managing liquidity in a complex organization.
- Kenny’s move to banking
- Insights gained about the banking industry and its impact on treasury.
- The importance of being open to new experiences and continuously learning in the treasury profession.
- The role of AI and technology in driving change in treasury, including examples of innovative solutions developed by Twoday group.
You can connect with Kenny Nielsen on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!