In this week’s episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, Paul Hussey, now the Group Treasurer at QatarEnergy, rejoins us to reflect on his career journey since his last podcast appearance back in 2022.
Paul discusses his transition from SABIC to QatarEnergy, emphasizing the similarities and differences between the two organizations.
With a focus on international growth, Paul describes the groundwork being laid in various jurisdictions, including Brazil, Argentina, and the United States.
He emphasizes the role of teamwork and the flat structure of his team, focusing on achieving treasury goals through collaboration and shared vision.
Paul also shares his invaluable insights on the necessity of looking forward in treasury, learning from mistakes, and embracing opportunities for personal and team growth.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Paul transitioned from banking to treasury
- Why having front, middle and back-office understanding is vital in treasury
- How treasury boils down to “cash”
- The importance of systems in treasury management
- The challenges of commodity risk management in the energy trading sector
- The importance of being open to change and international experiences
- Why you should seize opportunities, and foster a united team to achieve treasury excellence
- Paul brings us up to speed on his post-show endeavours and current role at QatarEnergy
You can connect with Paul on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!