CEO, The Treasury Recruitment CompanyConnect on LinkedIn
About this episode
Henrik is currently at Alfa Laval, a leading global provider heat transfer, separation and fluid handling products. With his extensive experience in corporate finance, M&A transactions, structured finance and trade finance, Henrik brings valuable expertise to the treasury profession.
On the episode Henrik discusses his early career in banking, where he focused on structured trade finance and worked with treasuries and corporates. He then transitioned to the Danish Export Credit Agency, EKF, where he gained experience in strategic discussions with CEOs and CFOs of companies in emerging markets.
Henrik later joined Vestas Wind Systems during a challenging period of financial crisis and led the treasury team through a restructuring process. He then moved on to SSAB and eventually joined Alfa Laval, where he currently leads the treasury function.
On the podcast we discuss…
- Henriks career journey to date
- Insights into the importance of a banking background in treasury roles
- The role of treasury in supporting sales and financing solutions for customers
- Challenges and lessons learned during a financial crisis and restructuring
- The significance of working capital management and cash flow forecasting
- The future of treasury, including digitalization, sustainability, and challenges related to KYC and sanctions.
You can connect with Henrik Welch on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!