My guest on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner is Royston Da Costa, the Assistant Group Treasurer at Ferguson plc. Royston has a proven track record in Treasury Technology, foreign exchange, and cash management. There’s also a good chance you’ll find him gracing the stage as a regular presenter at international treasury conferences.
Royston has enjoyed a successful career with Ferguson plc and has been with the company for over 17 years. He began as a Group Assistant Treasurer and assumed responsibility for the Group’s Treasury Systems and Development in 2010. In 2016, he was promoted to Assistant Group Treasurer and took on new key responsibilities such as acting as the focal point of contact for all our internal subsidiaries in relation to payment connectivity, working capital, and transactional banking.
He is also the focal point for all of the company’s relationships with banks in relation to payment, regulatory, and technology related issues. He has celebrated many achievements over the years including the implementation of an EMIR for the group in 2014 and a new Cloud-based TMS in 2015.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Royston first got started in treasury
- How data has helped improve cash flow forecasting in treasury
- The role of technology in the treasury industry and how it has helped replace certain processes
- A look inside the ACT training course including the “Capabilities of a World-Class Treasury Organization” (see document below)
- The importance of having a treasury team with a diverse skill set
- Career advice for aspiring treasurers including the ability to work with different cultures, not being afraid to ‘get your hands dirty,’ and trying new things
If you’d like to get in touch with Royston, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Here’s the “Capabilities of a World-Class Treasury Organization” slide issued by the ACT at one of their training courses that Mike and Royston discuss in the podcast:
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!