Let’s be honest, sometimes treasury management can be tedious. However, there are ways that you can streamline the process to make treasury management more efficient. I talk about this with my guest on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, Jonathan Burkhead, the Senior Director of Global Treasury at OpenText.
OpenText Corporation is a Canadian company that develops and sells enterprise information management (EIM) software. OpenText, headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, is Canada’s largest software company as of 2014 and recognised as one of Canada’s top 100 employers in 2016 by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
OpenText software applications manage content or unstructured data for large companies, government agencies, and professional service firms. OpenText aims its products at addressing information management requirements, including management of large volumes of content, compliance with regulatory requirements, and mobile and online experience management.
As a company, they currently employ over 12,000 people worldwide and it is a publicly-traded company, listed on the NASDAQ (OTEX) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (OTEX).
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Jonathan went from working in the insurance industry to treasury
- How treasurers can add value through the consultative side of their role
- How treasury differed between the various companies that Jonathan worked with over the years
- Jonathon’s ultimate ‘treasury ethos’
- Why measuring metrics is so vital for treasurers
- What OpenText is and what they do
- How to make treasury management more efficient
- How the cyberworld is impacting treasury processes at OpenText
To connect with Jonathan on LinkedIn, click here.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!