I’m delighted to be joined by François Masquelier, the VP and Head of Treasury, Corporate Finance and ERM with RTL Group, in this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast.
François Masquelier has been Head of Corporate Finance and Treasury with RTL Group since November 1997. He is a Doctor in Tax Law and has a degree in Economy and Administration from the University and Business School of Liège. He is also the President of Association of Corporate Treasurers of Luxembourg (ATEL) and the Honorary Chairman and Founder of European Association of Corporate Treasurers.
François Masquelier is a regular contributor to different corporate finance and treasury magazines and newspapers. He is Editorial Director of the “Magazine du Trésorier”, a quarterly publication dedicated to Treasury and Corporate Finance issues.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How François started his career in corporate treasury from a tax lawyer background
- François’ experience working with RTL and how his role within the company has changed over the years
- How to know when it’s time to welcome new talent into a treasury department
- The key to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry
- What companies like RTL look for in CV’s coming from people who are in the early stages of their treasury careers
- Understanding that experience is often more important than qualifications when it comes to finding employment in treasury
- The evolution of treasury, including changes in technology and whether or not robots will be taking over the job of treasurers
- Advice for adding value in certain areas so that you can free up time and help ensure you’re not glued with the day-to-day operations
- How François is able to balance his roles in the ATEL and ACT with his day job
- The importance of networking in treasury and working on your personal brand to help further your career
- François’ advice for people in the early stages of a treasury career including why it’s vital that you always keep learning to keep up with changes within the industry
- Much more!
If you’d like to get in touch with Francois, you can reach out to him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in treasury? Whether you dream of being a Group Treasurer or Treasury Analyst, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you find your perfect treasury job no matter what stage you’re at in your job search.
If you’re enjoying the show PLEASE GIVE US A RATING HERE