On this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, I’m delighted to be joined by Jane Pilcher, the Group Treasurer at Anglian Water Group.
Anglian Water Group’s principal business is Anglian Water, the group’s regulated water and sewerage company, which supplies water and water recycling services to more than six million customers in the east of England and Hartlepool. Anglian Venture Holdings is the investment and management vehicle responsible for the Anglian Water Group’s commercial businesses across the UK and Ireland, with over £100 million invested to date. These businesses have a combined turnover in excess of £500 million and offer customers a wealth of expertise in the water industry and infrastructure related sectors.
As the company’s Group Treasurer, Jane is responsible for all finance and treasury activities of the group. However, her prime responsibility is to raise group debt, debt and bank investor relations, and liaise with the three rating agencies.
Jane and I had an interesting discussion about her experience in treasury, her current role with Anglian Water Group and where she sees the future of the treasury industry going next. It’s a fantastic episode and one that you’re going to find a lot of value from, especially if you’re interested in pursuing a treasury career.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Jane’s career journey from working in commercial banking to obtaining her existing role as a Group Treasurer
- How Jane’s role has changed since her early days working with Anglian Water Group
- Managing debt for a private ownership company Vs. a public ownership company
- Working and managing different treasury regulations from multiple sources
- The importance of treasury qualifications to better understand the treasury industry
- How the treasury department and its systems have adapted over the years
- An insight into Anglian Water Group’s relationship with the US private placement market
- What Jane looks for when recruiting candidates to fill treasury positions within the organisation
- Why the ACT and FCT are so important to have on your CV
- Jane’s prediction for the future of treasury
- Advice for aspiring treasury professionals who want to pursue a treasury career
- Much more!
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here.
If you’re enjoying the show PLEASE GIVE US A RATING HERE