We’re continuing our five-part series here on the Treasury Career Corner podcast, where I share the recording from my recent speech at this year’s ACTA event. In part three, I explore why you need to network effectively and build your personal brand.
The ACTA (Austrian Corporate Treasury Association) is a not-for-profit organisation of more than 100 members from more than 50 corporate groups. The association helps to promote the treasury profession and offers support to the professional development of treasurers from around the globe.
I was honoured that they invited me to speak to an audience of treasury professionals. It was an unforgettable experience. If you want to develop your own personal brand and learn how you can start networking more effectively in the “real world”, this is the podcast episode for you!
Find out about:
- Why you need to build and protect your personal brand
- How to create a personal brand
- Tools you can use to help promote your personal brand
- Why you need to be careful about what you post online and what others post about you
- Determining your core values as a person and using them as the foundation of your personal brand
- The importance of consistency
- Why you need to network effectively and have an elevator pitch
- Tips for networking in the “real world”
- Whether or not you should bother with a LinkedIn profile if you’re not looking for a new job
Are you enjoying the podcast? Please hit subscribe on your favourite podcast app to keep up with the latest episodes of The Treasury Career Corner!
Interested in pursuing a career in treasury? Visit The Treasury Recruitment Company to search and apply for your perfect treasury job! Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
To explore other episodes go to treasurycareercorner.com/