I’m thrilled to be joined by Julien Muet, the Head of Corporate Treasury at TÜV Rheinland Group on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast. It’s an intriguing conversation about his fascinating career in treasury, what it means to be a leader and what he looks for when he recruits new candidates.
If you didn’t know, TÜV Rheinland is a world-leading independent testing service provider with 145 years of tradition. The Group employs over 20,000 people around the world and generates an annual turnover of almost 2 billion euros. Since 2006, TÜV Rheinland has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact for more sustainability and against corruption. The Group’s mission and guiding principle is to achieve sustained development of safety and quality in order to meet the challenges arising from the interaction between man, technology and the environment.
As the Group Treasurer, Julien manages and leads global treasury activities including capital and bank market, cash and liquidity management, risk management and asset management. Prior to working with TÜV Rheinland, Julien worked as Senior Treasury Manager at Johnson Controls and was soon promoted to Director of Corporate Treasury. He has had an impressive career that many treasurers aspire to emulate.
So, if you want to hear more about Julien and how he climbed the treasury career ladder, tune in!
On the podcast we discussed…
- An overview of Julien’s treasury career to date
- Leadership tips for someone who wants to be a great leader for their team
- How to build up a good collaboration with different business partners
- Treasury challenges faced by TÜV Rheinland Group in the wake of cultural change within the corporate structure
- The future of treasury and how the industry will be impacted by artificial intelligence
- What Julien looks for when he recruits new candidates
- Career advice for anyone who wants to succeed in treasury
Want to get in touch with Julien? You can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!