On this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, we have the very talented John Engeman joining me to share his lessons and insights from his successful career. John is an author, Vice President and treasurer at National General Insurance.
John Engeman is a senior finance and treasury professional with experience working for global companies in fashion, telecommunications, healthcare and insurance. He has helped improve strategic and operational performance, obtained critical financing and built strong teams. He is also an award-winning public speaker, and a leader in the Toastmaster organization, where he achieved their highest award, Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM). John serves as a mentor to many new and experienced speakers developing their communication and leadership skills.
John is a Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and Certified Financial Manager (CFM). He earned an MBA from Hofstra University and a BBA, (Finance) from the University of Notre Dame. If that wasn’t enough, John has just authored his first book, 12 Lessons for Success in Business and Beyond.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How John got into treasury and insights into his long and impressive career to date
- What it was like for John to move from a ‘contributor’ role to becoming a manager
- How John found the transition of working in a public company to working in a private company
- How gaining retail experience helped John as a treasurer
- John discusses his book, 12 Lessons for Success in Business and Beyond, the positive feedback it’s received from readers and some of its key teachings
- John shares how he became successful and his top tips for others
If you would like to get in touch with John, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here.Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!