Roger Aguilar, Assistant Treasurer and Head of the Treasury and Credit & Collections department at Oceaneering International Inc, joins the Treasury Career Corner podcast to discuss his seasoned career in Corporate Treasury and Banking. In this interview, we uncover what it was like for Roger to go from banking to treasury, his experience working in treasury in different regions and markets and what advice he would give to someone aspiring to follow a similar career path.
Roger is a seasoned professional with international experience and a proven track record in Global Treasury and Corporate Banking. He has broad experience managing global treasury operations, financial risk management, debt and capital markets/corporate finance, rating agencies, credit and collections and much more.
Previously, Roger was the Treasury Advisory at Deloitte, a multinational professional services network. Deloitte is a well-known and respected accounting organisation and is currently the world’s largest professional services network by revenue and number of professionals.
In his current role as Assistant Treasurer at Oceaneering International Inc., Roger is the Head of the Treasury and Credit & Collections department, reporting to the Sr VP Tax and Treasury. His main responsibility is transforming the entire treasury function, which requires both strategic and tactical approaches with regular interaction with the senior management team.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Roger went from finance and banking to treasury
- How Roger de-risked the currency exposure in his previous treasury roles
- Roger talks about his experience working in treasury in different regions and markets including Mexico, the U.S and the UK
- How treasury differs in the pharmaceutical industry and technology industry
- Why consulting involves so much travel and whether or not it’s worth it
- How the future of treasury will likely develop and evolve
- Roger shares advice for those looking to follow a similar career path
If you would like to get in touch with Roger, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!