Marriann Bullard, the Former Assistant Treasurer & Senior Director of Treasury at Academy Sports + Outdoors, joins me on this episode of The Treasury Career Corner podcast, where we talk about treasury team structures, coaching and mentorship, technological advancements, and so much more.
Marriann Bullard is a treasury professional with 32 years of experience in Treasury and Financial Management. After working in Accounting for 10 years, the opportunity presented itself in 1988 for Marriann to move to treasury. Her quest for knowledge led her to professional organisations that specialise in treasury education and information. These organisations include Houston Treasury Management Association (HTMA) and the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP).
Marriann’s experience includes 22 years in the oil and gas industry, and 10 years in Retail as Assistant Treasurer. Marriann served on the Board of HTMA and also as a representative to the Alliance of Texas Treasury Associations (ATTA). She served as a Texpo conference committee member since 1995. She also participated in formal Advisory Committees for both AFP and Wells Fargo Bank.
Marriann retired in 2018 and continues to enjoy staying informed of treasury news and technology updates.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Marriann walks us through her fascinating career journey spanning 32 years
- How cash management has evolved in treasury over the years
- How treasury roles were structured within Marriann’s team
- The value of providing team members with mentorship
- Why it’s important to immerse yourself in technological changes within treasury
- Why you should make an effort to network with other treasury professionals
- The challenges of working in treasury across different industries
- Qualities and skills that contribute to happy and high-performing employees
- Whether certifications and qualifications are necessary to pursue a successful career in finance
To get in touch with Marriann, you can connect with her via LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!