I’m thrilled to be joined by Petra Rosenauer, the Head of Corporate Treasury EMEA at Flextronics International (Flex), on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast.
Founded in 1969, Flextronics was started as a family business, making circuit boards for the growing number of companies in Silicon Valley. Over the past 50 years, they have grown and evolved to be a global Sketch-to-Scale solutions provider and now have approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries. They were also named in the top three in Industry Week’s ‘100 Best Managed Companies’ list. In 2007, Flextronics bought long-time competitor Solectron for $3.6 billion and then in 2015, they established Flex as their master brand.
Petra’s role as the Head of Corporate Treasury EMEA at Flextronics International (Flex), embodies a wide range of tasks including assessing, reviewing and protecting the company’s financial wellbeing. She also ensures that the company’s cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively, supervising the activities of the Cash & Bank Group, carrying out risk management activities, and much more.
On the podcast we discussed…
- An overview of Petra’s remarkable career in treasury
- The progression of Petra’s career, including the steps she took to illicit that progression
- Why mentorship is so important in treasury
- Managing a team on a global scale
- The importance of listening to others and taking other people’s opinions into consideration before making any big decisions
- How the role of treasurers has changed and evolved
- What excites Petra about the recent innovations in treasury
- What Petra looks for when considering candidates for a treasury role
If you want to get in touch with Petra, you can connect with her on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here.
Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!