Most guests on the Treasury Career Corner podcast are involved in multinational corporations, but this week I interview Martin Watts, Director of Treasury at social housing provider London and Quadrant (L&Q).
Treasury operates differently in every business, but with no private shareholders and all profits being reinvested into the community they serve, L&Q is an entirely different operation to the usual businesses profiled on the podcast.
This was a fascinating look at a unique business model that should be of interest to many treasury professionals.
On the podcast we discussed…
- What Martin’s journey into treasury looked like and the many twists and turns its taken since
- What social housing is and how a social housing provider operates
- Why there is more in common between social and FTSE100 businesses than one might think
- The evolution of treasury in social housing provision
- Where awards have value (and where they’re pointless)
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!