In this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, I am joined by George Dessing, the Executive Vice President, Treasury and Risk at Wolters Kluwer.
George is responsible for global treasury, risk management, and (non-IT) business continuity, and real estate at Wolters Kluwer in support of the company’s strategy. He has been with Wolters Kluwer since 1997. Prior to joining Wolters Kluwer in 1997, he held various positions in Nethold Finance, part of the FilmNet Group, in the Netherlands and Belgium. He is a member of the advisory board of the Dutch Association of Corporate Treasurers.
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance, and legal sectors. They help customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialised technology and services.
Founded in 1836 and headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, the company serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs 18,600 people worldwide. In 2019 Wolters Kluwer reported annual revenues of €4.6 billion.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How George’s passion for finance led him to a career in treasury
- How treasury is evolving at Wolters Kluwer
- The dynamic transformation at the organisation’s core
- How Wolters Kluwer’s working philosophy is dismantling the traditional hierarchy
- Why human connection is key to keeping your team focused
- Why treasurers should focus on their personal development
- What’s in store for the future of treasury at Wolters Kluwer
- George’s key pieces of advice for aspiring treasurers
If you would like to connect with George, you can find him here on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!