Treasury must be seen as an effective partner to a business if it is to succeed. This is what we discuss in this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast with Tamara Saront-Eisner, the VP Treasurer US and Americas Hub at Air Liquide.
Tamara is a Treasury Subject Matter Expert who tries to achieve a balance by being an effective partner to the business. Air Liquide is a world leader in gases, technologies, and services for Industry and Health, with approximately 67,000 employees in 80 counties. The company serves more than 3.7 million customers and patients, and amounted a revenue of €22 billion in 2019. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance, and contribute to sustainability.
Tamara is the leading expert on treasury matters for the Americas Hub at Air Liquide, the world leader in industrial gasses. She joined Air Liquide in 2015 as VP and Treasurer with a responsibility to lead the treasury functions in all the Americas, with a special focus on cash management, trade finance, risk management, regulation, pensions, intercompany lending, and project review support. Tamara coordinates countries across the continent to optimise efficiencies of the treasury and finance functions. Her responsibilities also include domestic, international cash pooling, forecasting, banking, and foreign exchange, and commodity price risk management.
She has recently been recognised as one of “Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women” of 2016 by Houston Women Magazine. She is the current Past President of the Houston chapter of Women’s Energy Network, a 22-year-old non-profit organisation focused in promoting and fostering professional women in the energy industry. She has also been involved in the Association of Financial Professional (AFP) and was a member of the task forces for its 2011 and 2012 Annual Conferences.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Tamara discovered finance and Treasury
- How the oil and energy industry has evolved
- Why Treasurers have to be willing to get out of their comfort zone
- Tamara talks about her previous roles in Houston
- How to become a manager and get better at managing people
- Tamara discusses her current role as the VP and Treasurer US and Americas Hub at Air Liquide
- How to partner a Treasury team with the business
- Why Treasury must become an effective partner to the business
- What key traits and characteristics make someone an asset to a Treasury team
- Why Treasurers should be proud of their achievements
- Why mentoring others is so important to Tamara
- The key to enjoying a successful Treasury career
If you’d like to get in touch with Tamara, you can connect with her on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!