How can you move up in Treasury?
In this episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast, I talk to Forrest Cebold, the Treasurer at Freeport LNG, about his top tips for anyone who is serious about building a successful Treasury Career. We also discuss his diversified financial experience, his current role at Freeport LNG, and so much more.
Freeport LNG was founded in 2002 with the objective to design, build and operate an LNG import and regasification terminal. The shale gas revolution in the late 2000s marked a turning point in the U.S. oil and gas industry. For Freeport LNG, it meant taking their business in a new direction: transforming an import terminal into a natural gas liquefaction and liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility. Now, they are on their way to becoming one of the first and largest U.S. exporters of LNG.
Forrest has diversified financial experience with large global companies in the energy and holding company industries. His experience includes global liquidity management, financial modelling/analysis, bank relationship management, debt management, capital markets, credit analysis, investment management, hedge management, foreign exchange, Sarbanes Oxley implementation, and rating agency management.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Forrest discovered finance and Treasury
- Why more Treasurers should consider branching into international Treasury
- What to do if you’re in an organisation that is being acquired by another company
- What it’s like moving from a private group to a public group, and moving from retail to the oil and gas industry
- Why Treasurers have to adapt to the culture of the company they work for
- The importance of building relationships in Treasury
- Why you have to be prepared to move up an organisation
- Forrest talks about Freeport LNG and his role at the company
- How to manage relationships and problems, etc. on a global Treasury scale
- Tips for embracing new job opportunities within Treasury
- The benefits of networking, learning from others and being a good communicator
- Key tips to succeed in Treasury
You can connect with Forrest on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!