Hitting 200 podcast episodes is no easy feat, and in light of that, we’re going back to where it all started…
We’re revisiting our very first episode of The Treasury Career Corner podcast, where we spoke with Sarah-Jane Hall, SVP Treasury at GSK, about the ins and outs of working in global treasury.
When last we spoke, Sarah-Jane was the Group Treasurer, Pension Investments & Insurance at GlaxoSmithKline PLC. In that role, she was in charge of debt and investments, oversight of the GSK’s global treasury activities and insurance coverage for the group.
Since then, she’s transitioned to the SVP Treasury role and has assisted with the demerger of GSK’s consumer business, having taken semi-retirement in 2021.
Sarah-Jane is a Fellow of the Association of Corporate Treasurers and a member of the ACT Technical Committee. She holds a BSc in Psychology from Exeter University.
On this podcast Sarah and I discussed…
- How Sarah-Jane got her “accidental” start in treasury
- How her role evolved over time
- The differences between domestic and global treasury
- Why determination is vital for career success
- How treasury systems and processes have changed
- Why the right team culture is so important
- Why teamwork is vital in treasury (and across other fields)
- The challenges Sarah-Jane foresees in the future of treasury
- Sarah-Jane’s advice for people looking to be global treasurers
You can connect with Sarah-Jane on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!