We are thrilled to have been retained by V., the world’s leading independent group provider of global marine support services, to recruit their new Head of Treasury. They offer a full range of ship management and maritime services to the commercial shipping, cruise, energy, and defence industries. Established in 1984, they have expanded their network and offerings, providing tailored solutions to meet the diverse needs of their clients.
Their expertise in the shipping industry extends to a wide range of vessels, including tankers, bulk carriers, gas carriers, chemical tankers, containerships, cruise ships and specialist offshore vessels. Working closely with vessel owners worldwide they ensure consistent, high-quality service delivery.
As a company they believe investing in talent is crucial to providing their customers with the highest quality service worldwide. They have access to a vast pool of over 44,000 seafarers from different sectors worldwide, each supported by their onshore team of over 3,000 colleagues in over 30 countries and 60 offices globally.
With a clear strategy, and with focus on core areas including digitalisation, sustainability and seafarer wellbeing, V. is on a positive trajectory. Treasury is a key enabler for V., overseeing a diverse and growing range of activities for both the company and its customers.
Reporting directly to the Director of Group Finance, the Head of Treasury will take responsibility for leading the treasury function of the organization, ensuring optimal cash management, risk management, and debt servicing. As a key member of the finance team, you will collaborate closely with other departments and business units to optimize liquidity resources and maximize the Group’s financial performance.
Key Responsibilities include:
Treasury Strategy and Management
- Continuously improve and optimize the Group’s treasury and cash management processes, leveraging the existing foundation and strengthening the relationship with key banking partners.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive relationship with other departments and business units to enhance organizational capability and control and provide expert guidance on working capital solutions.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize liquidity resources while minimizing risk, ensuring that debt servicing requirements are met, and maintaining appropriate levels of cash reserves.
- Implement global processes to reduce cash volatility and identify opportunities to decentralize certain Treasury activities to maximize benefits for the Group.
Team Management and Leadership
- Manage the Group Treasury team, consisting of a Treasury Manager and a Treasury Analyst that operate a Treasury desk& back-office duties.
- Build trusted relationships across the organization, spanning senior business stakeholders, Finance Directors and finance managers, and the Group finance function.
- Display leadership and accountability for initiatives and issues alike, proactively engaging with business colleagues to deliver continual improvement.
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Produce and deliver a roadmap for the future state of Treasury and cash management at V.
- Drive accuracy in global short-term cash forecasting and participate in longer term planning exercises.
- Ensure that all external reporting deliverables are met and that all required bank documentation, governance, and compliance requirements are in place and current.
- Deliver effective messaging and information to senior stakeholders and develop routine reporting of key Treasury metrics and performance.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that process documentation and strong controls are in place and maintained, both at Group Treasury and across the wider Group, working closely with the Head of Internal Control.
- Review and assess bank guarantee in place or proposed across the Group, providing business support in understanding requirements and best solution.
- Monitor and review currency exposure of the Group, assessing effectiveness of the Group hedging policy, providing recommended placement or unwind of financial instruments as needed.
- Take ownership for Treasury policies.
- Oversight and engagement in the daily funding activities coordinated by the team, providing absence cover to essential tasks, and providing bank authorization as delegated by the Director of Group Finance.
- Work closely with FP&A and Finance teams to drive improvements in working capital and cash conversion.
- Continually review and challenge processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other tasks as may be required by the Director of Group Finance and CFO.
- It is likely you will be a graduate in a finance or related degree and will possess at least 8 years’ experience within a corporate treasury environment.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, banking, and investment products.
- Proven record of accomplishment of developing and executing treasury strategies that deliver results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on continuous improvement.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.