Ontic are a leading success story in the world of aerospace and defence. Founded around 50 years ago, Ontic was spun out of BBA into the ownership of CVC in 2019 since then it has thrived as a stand-alone business, growing despite the impact of Covid. Ontic has a unique business model – they licence complex components that others no longer wish to make and guarantee their supply through the long remaining life of the aircraft fleets they serve. They operate across many, even most, military and civil platforms with over 6,000 different parts.
Reporting to the CFO, you will have the autonomy to be an integral partner to the businesses and expand your industry knowledge, as well as the licence to improve processes and suggest improvements to drive growth and performance.
The overall purpose of this role is to direct the Treasury activities of the Group including the effective management of the Group’s funding and liquidity, banking and rating agency relations, foreign exchange and interest rate risks, trade finance and credit risk. The Group operates a centralised treasury function.
- Define and implement strategies, plans, and policies to manage the treasury risks facing the group. This includes updating and maintaining compliance with the group treasury policy, as well as implementing robust controls related to treasury matters.
- Drive improvement in cash and borrowing management across the group, which involves all aspects of cash management, cash flow forecasting, and electronic banking systems. Also, oversee a program for working capital maximization.
- Foster effective relationships with banks and ensure high-quality, rapid support worldwide. This accountability also encompasses preparation (with the Group Financial Controller) of lender reports, presentations, and covenant compliance documentation.
- Support the CFO and CVC in refinancing activities, prepare the group for exit readiness from a treasury perspective, and assess and manage all business-related financial risks, including FX, interest rate, and counterparty risk management.
- Serve as a key part of the Group’s Finance Leadership Team, helping to address challenges as the finance function enters a period of significant growth. This includes the development and implementation of new risk management policies and an active hedging program as per group policy.
The ideal candidate will either be a qualified treasury professional, AMCT or equivalent or a qualified accountant with at least 8 years’ treasury expertise gained in an international corporate environment.
They will be an individual who is keen to develop their career within a dynamic and entrepreneurial business. A dynamic self-starter who is prepared to take an active role in the development of operational duties and at the same time prepared to ‘roll their sleeves up” given the hands-on style of the wider senior management team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.Apply for this job