We are delighted to be working with a Global Risk Management Consultancy in their search for a Private Equity Hedging Consultant. They deliver financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations and industries around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. With over 3,000 clients annually, they see it all. From single trades and one-off analysis to multiyear strategies, they eliminate complexity to give clear answers.
The private equity and infrastructure sector is looking for a uniquely qualified individual to join their dynamic and hardworking team. The successful candidate thrives on challenge and complexity and will work alongside teammates to provide interest rate and currency hedging advice to a wide variety of private equity sponsors, privately owned corporations, and on infrastructure projects. This person will begin contributing day one on live deals alongside senior advisors and have the opportunity for rapid growth into client and engagement ownership.
- Gather and analyse client interest rate and foreign exchange exposures, utilizing the companies proprietary models and the team’s spreadsheet-based tools to quantify clients’ risk under various rate/macro scenarios
- Prepare presentation materials containing quantitative analysis, market data/information, and advisory content. After growing to a level of comfort and expertise over time, ultimately lead clients through the materials on conference calls
- Ensure KYC, regulatory and ISDA processes run smoothly and the client is ready to trade in a timely manner by coordinating setup amongst clients, their counsel, internal resources, and potential dealer counterparties
- Coordinate with hedge accounting colleagues to ensure trades are optimized for hedge accounting efficiency and internal processes run smoothly prior to and post-execution
- Review relevant loan documentation, structure trades, and prepare term sheets, confirming economic details of transactions prior to execution, as well as proper entry post execution
- Structure/execute interest rate, foreign exchange, and cross-currency hedges on a vanilla and deal-contingent basis, optimizing from both a pricing and client relationship standpoint in the process
- Meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and client service.
The ideal candidate will provide excellent client service and will be a key tenet of the team and will contribute to those efforts from day one. In addition to helping clients understand their market risk and the tools available to mitigate those risks, you will be a key contributor to implementing the relevant hedging strategies and providing a positive impact for clients. This is the case both directly in the specific transaction as well as indirectly in maintaining the company’s reputation and presence as a key capital markets and hedging advisor.
Additionally, they will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distil complexity concisely to a diverse range of client audiences
- Quantitative/analytical skills and mathematical proficiency
- Collaborative mindset and team-first mentality
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and align resources proficiently to deliver a high level of client service
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Excel/financial modelling skills
- 3+ years of experience in a finance role with time spent in advisory and/or analytical roles preferred