Our client is one of the UK’s largest wealth management companies with a proven track record of success dating back over 25 years.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange, our client boasts a formidable presence in the financial industry, reflected in over Â£135 billion worth of funds under management.
With its extensive network and expertise, they offer a wide range of comprehensive financial solutions to their clientele. Through a holistic approach to wealth management, it strives to provide personalized advice and investment strategies tailored to meet the unique needs of its clients.
As the Interim Head of Treasury, you will lead the critical function of managing the organization’s cash flow and ensuring its financial stability. With your extensive knowledge and experience in treasury risk management, cash management, and reporting, you will be responsible for implementing and managing policies to optimize liquidity resources and minimize financial risk. Collaborating closely with other departments and business units, you will provide strategic insight to maximize the Group’s financial performance, while also maintaining strong controls and governance in this critical area of finance. Reporting directly to the Treasury Operations Director, you will be a key member of the finance team and play a crucial role in advising and supporting senior management, partners, and clients.
The Key Responsibilities
- Manage the Group’s Treasury activities, including daily cash position, cashflow monitoring and forecasting, shareholder cash balance investment, liquidity, credit and counterparty monitoring and management, and inputs to financial reporting using the Treasury Management System (Kyriba).
- Manage the Group’s Liquidity, Credit and Foreign Exchange Risk policies, lead the Group’s technical Treasury Risk Management expertise and development, and lead the Counterparty Financial Risk Review process on behalf of Third-Party Product Review Group, CASS Steering Group, and the Group’s Treasury Committee (including banks, money market fund providers, and material suppliers).
- Manage the Treasury Team (currently two professionals), providing full input into PDR’s, coaching, and development of skills to reach maximum potential.
- Be a member of the Group’s Treasury Committee and provide support to appropriate specialist committees, including Audit Committee and Risk Committee, Finance Oversight Group, CASS Steering Group, Finance Governance Group, and Investment Risk Committee.
The Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience within a corporate treasury environment
- Will have extensive knowledge and experience of treasury risk management, including frameworks, management of policies, and implementation.
- Broad and deep knowledge and experience of Cash Management and reporting.
- Will understand and be committed to strong controls and governance to ensure that there are no issues in this critical area of finance.
- Be knowledgeable about Basel III, MiFiD II, and Money Market Fund reform regulation, and the latest Treasury professional standards.
- Have experience in using Bloomberg, Reuters, Banking Platforms, and Money Market fund reporting tools, and ideally be an expert in Kyriba Treasury Management System.
- Have strong and broad industry knowledge (banking, liquidity markets, and payments products and services).
- Have knowledge of external factors such as the economy, global political landscape, and the markets to support decision-making.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.