Our client, an esteemed financial institution, is renowned in their market with a heritage dating back over 100 years. They are proud to be the oldest and largest firm within their market in the United States.
The company remains a family-owned business, primarily controlled by their Chicago based owners. Our client has played a pivotal role in shaping their industry and boasts a rich heritage and unwavering dedication to their clients as they continue to be at the forefront of the industry, delivering exceptional services.
The Role Overview
Reporting directly to the Head of Treasury, EMEA, and based out of our London office, the Senior Treasury Analyst plays a critical role in coaching and mentoring two Junior Analysts and coordinating the companies operational activities, specifically focusing on daily cash movement and client servicing.
In this role, you will take charge of the firm’s daily settlement activities at the London Metals Exchange, as well as with other brokers, affiliates, and corporate obligations. You and your team will be responsible for coordinating all incoming and outgoing payments for our sales offices in the UK, Middle East, and Singapore. Given the fast-moving nature of the trading environment, this position requires exceptional time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
The Key Responsibilities
- Mentor and train two junior payment analysts, aligning their activities with department objectives under the guidance of the Head of Treasury.
- Act as the main operational contact for all payment activities, both for margin transactions with brokers and counterparties, as well as client payments. Escalate relevant issues promptly to management.
- Review client payment setups for compliance with AML and firm policy. Raise compliance issues to Risk or Compliance for resolution.
- Serve as the lead contact for payment resolution issues with the bank vendor. Resolve and escalate issues as needed.
- Analyze and optimize the firm’s margins with brokers and exchanges, recommending currency movements and balances for interest and liquidity optimization.
- Perform essential department activities, including payment executions, cash and margin monitoring, FX review, and staff supervision and mentoring.
- Support Treasury Manager with liquidity allocation and adjustments and assist in Treasury reporting and metrics.
- Adhere to company procedures and controls and develop process documentation and controls for improved efficiency.
- Assist with general queries, ad hoc tasks, and contribute to the smooth operation of the treasury department.
The Candidate Profile
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles, with a preference for positions involving staff development and mentoring. Payments and Treasury Operational experience is preferred.
- University degree in a business applied field (Economics, Finance, Accounting, International Management preferred) or relevant job experience equivalent.
- Proficient in computer skills, including writing, reviewing procedures, analysis, and Excel. Familiarity with GMI and other third-party trade customer software is beneficial.
- Experience in financial services, preferably within an FCA registered firm in the UK. Knowledge of CASS requirements related to client money is advantageous.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with a “can-do” attitude and a data-driven mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Strong work ethic and ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Collaborative team player who can work well with others while also being able to work independently.
- Proficient in numerical skills, including Excel spreadsheet building.
- Independent and autonomous approach with a proactive initiative.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.Apply for this job