Our client is a globally renowned British fashion brand with over half a century of heritage. They have established themselves as a leader in the fashion industry, known for their exceptional design and craftsmanship. They collaborate globally with cultural and fashion icons, artists, and musicians to produce products that embody the spirit of self-expression and individuality.
Their commitment to ethical and sustainable practices has earned them a reputation as a responsible and progressive business. Our client has a strong global presence and has experienced significant growth. They foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity and offers career growth opportunities for all team members. As brand custodians, they take pride in working with a global fashion brand that values innovation, creativity, and integrity.
The Role Overview
The treasury function is a central risk management unit, serving as a strategic business partner, advisor, and service provider. Responsibilities include managing financial risks, cash, insurance, and customer payments. The team acts as a liaison with external financial creditors and debt capital providers. The aims to establish a modern and digital Treasury Centre of Excellence. They prioritize continuous improvement and exceeding expectations.
The Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, the successful candidate will be responsible for streamlining and controlling Treasury operations in a growing company. This role encompasses global cash management, controls adherence, financial guarantees, and bank-related costs. We seek a team player with a can-do attitude, comfortable in a mid-sized, dynamic team. This opportunity offers hands-on experience in various Treasury areas, making it ideal for someone passionate about the field. We prioritize self-motivation and enthusiasm for identifying improvements to drive efficiency and commercial gain.
- Lead and manage Group Treasury Operations, overseeing daily liquidity activities, bank account management, payments, and Treasury controls.
- Develop and maintain a global cash management process across AMERICAS, EMEA, and APAC.
- Manage the physical “Cash in Transit” process and relationships with cash collection service providers.
- Minimize exposures and reduce costs related to bank guarantees.
- Analyze and optimize bank account-related charges to propose cost savings.
- Optimize payment flows, including cash pooling, intercompany netting, and payment factory.
- Drive Treasury Operations improvement initiatives for efficiency and commercial gain.
- Manage and develop the Treasury Analyst Operations.
- Ensure compliance with Treasury regulations and maintain updated bank mandates documentation.
- Maintain robust controls for Group cash payments and receipts.
- Identify process improvements and address repeat issues.
- Support operational KPI monitoring and monthly Treasury reporting.
- Assist with short-term cash flow forecasting and variance analysis.
- Support Deputy Treasurer with customer payments and Group Treasurer with insurance claims.
- Build relationships with regional cash managers and external cash management banks.
- Support the implementation of Treasury management systems and related technologies
Treasury Development Highlights
- Lead and manage global Treasury Operations, overseeing critical activities like cash management, bank accounts, and payments.
- Gain exposure to diverse regions and build strong relationships with cash managers and external bank partners.
- Drive process improvements, optimize payment flows, and enhance commercial gain in Treasury.
- Develop communication, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills while working closely with senior Treasury leaders.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple priorities and deadlines for a challenging and dynamic work experience.
The Candidate Profile
- In-depth expertise in global treasury operations, including industry best practices and trends.
- Proven track record in corporate treasury within a global business, adept at navigating complex financial landscapes.
- Pursuing or holding a treasury or accounting qualification, showing commitment to professional growth.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a strong academic record in relevant disciplines.
- Strong analytical abilities for interpreting complex data and making strategic decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, managing multiple priorities with precision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (intermediate level), including advanced functions like Vlookups and pivot tables. Familiarity with other Microsoft applications is essential. Knowledge of systems like D365, Cashforce, Bloomberg, or Treasury Management Systems (TMS) is advantageous
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.