Our client is a world leader in their field. They operate in the UK, Holland, Germany together with a new facility in the USA.
The Group Treasury Department is part of the Group Finance function, located in its head office in the far reaches of west London. There is also a Financial Shared Service Centre (FSSC) at Almelo in the Netherlands, which manages certain Treasury back office and control activities.
With debt of almost EUR 3bn, mainly in the form of bank debt, bonds and US PP. There is an extensive currency hedging policy covering transactional revenues in USD and EUR and balance sheet hedging using cross currency swaps.
- The company is a privately held business by 2 Governments and 2 power company shareholders
- Treasury is a team of 6 people and is supported by back-office teams responsible for settlements and confirmations.
- Currency management is important as our client is a multinational business with businesses in the UK, Netherlands, Germany and USA
Reporting into the Deputy Treasurer, a new opportunity has arisen to join our client as a Treasury Analyst on a permanent basis. This is a broad role which will include assisting with day-to-day cash management activities, cashflow forecast and front office dealing operations.
Dealing – Investing and Currency
- Day to day cash position calculation in three currencies
- Recommend and execute transactional deposits and management of cash balances around the group
- Ensuring that investments are optimised
- Execution of ad hoc FX contracts to support cash management activities
- Ensure all due amounts to banks are paid on time in the TMS
- Liaise with FSSC (Payments centre) to ensure ad hoc payments are processed
Analysis and Reporting
- Prepare daily cash and counterparty reports and manage cash pool efficiently
- Performing sense check and accuracy controls
- Financial planning and treasury projects as required
- Liaise with sites over cash flows and reporting on variances
- Owner of cash forecasts to support liquidity management
- Contribute to relevant treasury procedures
- Cooperate with the development and smooth running of the team and wider Finance function
- Will be a graduate in a finance discipline and ideally a part or qualified accountant or ACT qualified/studier#
- Possess at least 3 years’ experience within the treasury team of an international group
- Have expertise in either cash management or treasury analysis with good forecasting skills
- Have a keen interest in financial markets, payment systems and how they operate
- Want to develop their career within Treasury and invest in terms of their own professional education, further study is not only supported but encouraged with study leave permitted
- Computer literate ideally with experience of Use of Bloomberg, Integrity Treasury system, 360t dealing platform
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further