Job Title: Treasury Manager
Location: London, W1
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Assistant Treasurer
About Our Client: Our client is one of the UK’s largest private companies with a rich history dating back to the early 1930s. It is an entrepreneurially led, wholly owned family business headquartered in a prestigious office in London. Our client focuses on a friendly and collaborative work environment and specializes in managing investments across a wide range of businesses, both within the UK and internationally. Additionally, they invest in various asset classes, including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, and other alternative assets. Beyond investment management, the London office plays a critical role in providing guidance, compliance, risk management, and coordination to ensure the continued growth and success of the entire group. Our client also oversees global brand management for several well-known brands. They have a global presence with offices across the UK and abroad. Our client is also the majority owner of a prominent retail group listed on the FTSE100.
About the Role: The role within our client’s Treasury Department is to ensure that there is sufficient cash in the right place, at the right time, and in the right currency to support the needs of both the investment and trading activities of the Group, excluding one of their major subsidiaries. The Treasury Manager role is part of a dynamic team of four and reports to the Assistant Treasurer. This role encompasses specific responsibilities while also requiring flexibility to address evolving departmental and business needs. Our client is seeking an individual capable of modernizing existing processes, leveraging technology, and utilizing available business information to streamline operations efficiently. This role involves managing multiple priorities and deadlines across various stakeholders, offering a dynamic and challenging work experience that presents excellent opportunities for professional growth within the field of Treasury.
Treasury Strategy and Operations:
- Actively contribute to the development of the Treasury roadmap, policies, and procedures, with a focus on streamlining and modernizing operations to maximize efficiency.
- Support and develop the collection of foreign currency cash forecasts and monthly reporting of foreign currency exposures.
- Collaborate on monthly hedging recommendations and execute foreign exchange deals through the FXAll dealing platform.
- Cultivate strong relationships with the company’s banking partners, manage bank-related documentation, and ensure adherence to Treasury bank management policies across the Group.
- Oversee intercompany transactions and borrowing processes, including reporting and documentation.
- Prepare and distribute weekly cash reports for the family and board.
- Facilitate annual audits by providing information and responses to auditors.
- Build and maintain robust working relationships with regional cash managers across the business.
- Provide coverage for other team members as needed within the small department.
Treasury Systems Management:
- Act as the primary point of contact with the IT2 Treasury Management System (TMS), internal IT, and users to resolve any system-related issues.
- Serve as the administrator for the TMS, managing static data, users, access rights, and periodic system upgrades.
- Create and modify reports from the TMS.
- Maintain FXAll and Reuters systems, including any interfacing with IT2.
- Administer banking software.
- Essential experience within a Corporate Treasury department.
- AMCT qualified, or demonstration of equivalent skill set, with a strong desire for continued professional development.
- Highly responsive, proactive, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Solution and results-oriented with a practical approach.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of articulating complex concepts with a suitable tone in both written and verbal communications.
- Skilled in developing strong relationships with senior management, peers, and counterparties.
- Comfortable adapting to the pace and frequency of change inherent in a family-owned business environment.
- An effective collaborator who actively shares information, ideas, and suggestions.
- Confident, professional, and articulate.
- A flexible team player capable of performing various roles due to the relatively small size of the department.
- Diligent and accurate.
- Dynamic and excels under pressure, coping well with fluctuating demands.
- Proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude, displaying initiative, common sense, excellent organization, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take full ownership of the role and drive change.
- Comfortable with Treasury Management Systems, including IT2, and other software systems like Refinitiv.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, particularly Excel, including advanced functions such as pivot tables, with a willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical abilities, capable of effectively analyzing and interpreting complex data to inform actionable insights and strategic decision-making.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.Apply for this job