About this episode
In this monthly feature episode, our CEO & Founder Mike Richards and Katie Hardie, head of our European division desk reflect on the month just gone and what’s to come. On the podcast they discuss… Recap of the podcast episodes in March:
- Ep. 257 – Interview with Roger Aguilar, Treasurer at EZCORP, about treasury roles across different industries
- Ep. 258 – Mike Richards in conversation with Richard Bostock, Head of Partnerships & Business Development at C-Innovation. about the evolution of treasury recruitment
- Ep. 259 – Interview with Dennis Baljeu, Executive Director, Treasury at Vanderlande about Finding New Roles at the Right Times
- Ep. 260 – Interview with Kai Bremer, Director of Treasury at AUTODOC about talking different treasury languages
- Interview with Royston Da Costa, Assistant Treasurer at Ferguson plc
- Interview with Jean Furter, Treasurer at Poly
- Treasury Career Corner Live in London on Thursday 13th April with Tanja Holden from Ocado and Matt Norris from Trillium Flow Technologies
- Virtual webinar on hybrid working with Mike, Katie, and Craig
- Mike attending the TEXPO Conference in Texas and Windy City Summit in Chicago
- Mike hosting a virtual AFP webinar on Achieving Career Success Through Effective Networking and a Strong Personal Brand’ with Lee-Ann Perkins & Joel Campbell’
- Mike will also be speaking at TMANY, New York and AFP, San Diego
- Mike and Katie will be attending Euro Finance in Barcelona to meet candidates from different markets
- The importance of tailoring cover letters and resumes to the specific needs of potential employers to help stand out and increase your chances of getting hired.
- Why rather than applying for a large number of jobs, it's better to focus on the top opportunities and put effort into customizing application materials for each one.
- Why successful treasury professionals prioritize learning, curiosity, and relationship-building.
- Why treasury professionals should be prepared for crises and disruptions, as this is where they can demonstrate their value to the business
- The importance of companies being open to hybrid working and flexible schedules to attract top talent.
- How European companies have traditionally embraced hybrid and flexible working more than UK companies.
- The importance of maintaining company culture while allowing for flexible working arrangements.