CEO, The Treasury Recruitment CompanyConnect on LinkedIn
About this episode
Sam was first on the show back in 2020 when he was the Chief Risk Officer & Treasurer at Rockefeller Group. We are delighted that he rejoins us to share his insights and experiences on the journey and he offers valuable advice for treasury professionals looking to advance their careers.
Sam is currently at Russo Development, one of the most active, privately held developers of industrial, data centre, and multifamily properties serving the New Jersey market. He brings his expertise in treasury, risk management, and investment analysis to his role as CFO.
The episode discusses Sam’s career journey, starting from his early days at General Motors and his transition into treasury. He shares his experiences working on complex financial transactions and managing large portfolios, which laid the foundation for his success in the CFO role.
On the podcast we discuss…
- How Sam discovered his passion for finance and transition into treasury
- How treasury departments add value
- Where Sam sees treasury going next
- Insights into the challenges and opportunities in treasury and finance
- The importance of establishing credibility, building rapport with teams, and driving change within an organization
- Why treasury professionals need to broaden their skills and take on additional responsibilities
- The importance of staying well-versed in accounting and other areas outside of treasury to enhance career growth
You can connect with Sam Pallotta on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
To subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast via:
Apple🍏 Podcasts; click here!
🎧Spotify; click here!
Thank you to our sponsor Flywire, the global payments and software experts for their support.
For those eager to learn how they simplify cross border receivables to eliminate FX risk, reduce your ‘Days Sales Outstanding’ and streamline reconciliation for treasury professionals check out some more information about who Flywire are ➡️Click Here