Back to all articles

Working Visa

Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union or the USA – you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.


Do you need a Visa to work in the European Economic Area (EEA)?

If you are interested in applying for jobs in Europe, you will need a valid work permit. EU and EEA citizens are exempt from requirements concerning visas, passports and medical checks when entering another EU Member State. An identity card allows the holder to enter freely and to move around for three months, which is useful if you find temporary work or are seeking employment. EU and EEA citizens do not need a work permit.

They may exercise the occupational activity of their choice. However, as soon as they have found work and no later than three months after arriving, they must apply for a “residence permit for a national of an EU Member State”. It is valid for five years and automatically renewable.

Individuals from countries outside the EEA must be in possession of a work permit to allow them to take up employment. For more information please visit the Government’s Working in the UK website here.

European Community law grants EEA nationals a right to live and work in the United Kingdom. This is called a right of residence. Further information can be found at the website of the British Home Office.

For information on immigration to the UK, take a look at the website of the British Home Office.


If you are interested in applying for jobs in the USA, you will need a valid pre-existing work permit. WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT CONSIDER YOU FOR ROLES WITHOUT IT.


For further information visit the US Immigration Website HERE