Our client is a global player in the aviation industry, with a rich history dating back over 180+ years. They serve as a critical partner, delivering time-critical logistics services at over 250+ locations in 50+ countries across 6 continents. While their operations are widespread, at the heart of their business lies a dedicated team of professionals.
As the Senior Treasury Manager at our client, you will assume a pivotal role as the subject matter expert on treasury, cash management, bank relationships, financing aspects, and treasury/banking systems and processes. Working within the central finance team and reporting to the Head of Tax and Treasury, you will provide specialized guidance and strategic insight to the board, business units, and shareholders. Your expertise will be instrumental in developing and implementing a comprehensive treasury strategy that supports the group’s ambitious growth plan.
- Proactively monitor and manage the Group’s liquidity position, optimizing cash pooling arrangements, cash allocation, and repatriation to enhance financial efficiency.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Collaborate with the central FP&A team and the treasury assistant to produce and analyze the group’s daily cash position, weekly cash forecast, and monthly debtor, financial position, and leverage reports.
- Lead efforts to implement effective credit management strategies, aiming to reduce DSO, minimize credit risk exposure, and improve supplier credit terms.
- Foster and maintain strong banking relationships, collaborating closely with the shareholder’s treasury department.
- Pursue opportunities to secure additional liquidity at both group and local levels, exploring avenues such as receivables securitization and the implementation of global aviation industry clearing systems.
- Review, challenge, and provide guidance on local business unit forecasts, ensuring alignment with the treasury strategy and actively participating in budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Oversee all bank guarantee requests, negotiating terms and processing them in coordination with the shareholder’s treasury department.
Foreign Currency Exposure Management:
- Develop effective strategies to mitigate the group’s foreign currency exposures and enhance overall risk management.
Analyze funding gaps and propose financing options for significant business development opportunities.
Treasury Systems and Process Enhancements:
Collaborate with the shareholder’s treasury department and the group’s IT function to implement and improve the IT2 Treasury Management System and other relevant banking systems to optimize cash management processes.
- Hold a relevant Finance or Treasury qualification (ACT, ACA, ACCA, or CIMA).
- Demonstrate extensive experience in diverse multinational groups operating across multiple jurisdictions, currencies, cultures, and ownership structures.
- Proficient in using large company ERP and consolidation systems, as well as treasury management systems.
- Possess strong IT literacy, with hands-on experience in implementing Treasury Management Systems.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications and ideally possesses modeling skills.
- Exhibit excellent relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Display outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Capable of collaborating effectively with remote stakeholders and functioning as a team player.
- Demonstrate flexibility, versatility, and a proactive attitude to meet challenges.
- Show aspirations to develop a broader business acumen beyond the role requirements.
- Possess the ability to interpret complex information and confidently present it in a business partnering manner.
As the Senior Treasury Manager, your role will be instrumental in shaping the financial landscape and ensuring the efficient execution of the group’s growth plan. Your leadership, emotional intelligence, and financial expertise will drive strategic decision-making, contributing to the continued success of our client, a prominent player in the global aviation industry.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.