We’re proud to announce an exclusive Treasury recruitment partnership with an organization that has decades of experience in the physical and financial energy and commodities markets. Leveraging their extensive expertise, this firm is committed to exploring the evolving opportunities in the energy industry and helping clients participate in new markets while navigating complexities to maximize revenue and minimize risk.
They provide a wide range of services to a diverse customer base, including corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. The company was founded in the 90’s and is headquartered in the US, with offices in many financial centres around the world.
With a deep understanding of the energy market’s intricacies and a focus on helping clients achieve their strategic objectives, our client helps its customers identify and seize new opportunities and stay ahead of the competition.
Our clients Finance Department is seeking an experienced Treasury professional with a strong background in global cash management, ideally within the commodity sector, although not required. The ideal candidate will have coached and supported other Treasury staff, possess excellent technical skills, and be able to oversee the Company’s cash management, forecasting, systems, daily transactions, and reporting.
As a hands-on role, the successful candidate must be comfortable with getting involved in day-to-day execution and be willing to roll up their sleeves when necessary. The role requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who can work independently while collaborating effectively with colleagues across different teams and regions.
The Treasury professional will play a critical role in optimizing the Company’s cash flow management and financial risk management strategies. They will work closely with other departments, such as Accounting and Operations, to ensure efficient and effective financial operations, timely and accurate reporting, and compliance with applicable regulations. The successful candidate will bring a strong work ethic, deep Treasury subject matter expertise, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to the role, helping to drive the Finance Department’s continued success.
- Process various cash flow transactions, including handling bank and account transactions, reconciling bank fees, verifying payment details, and making ad hoc payments.
- Manage payment and banking instructions for all ETRM systems.
- Track, report, and investigate discrepancies between contracts, settlements, traders, internally generated financial system reports, and accounting staff, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Oversee the bank account opening process, including KYC and account opening documentation.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure efficient Treasury processes and high internal and external service levels.
- Communicate regularly with senior management, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the impact of Treasury efficiencies on the business.
- Effectively communicate the impact of Treasury policies on the business to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure that all Treasury policies and controls are being adhered to.
- Assist in the documentation of Treasury policies and procedures, as needed.
- Liaise with External Audit for all ARAP related requests and assist the larger Treasury and Finance team with year-end audit tasks, as needed.
- Assist the larger Treasury and Finance team with year-end reporting to the partners, as needed.
- Complete special projects as needed by the business and the Treasury and Finance function.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Financial Management; MBA is a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in an operational cash management Treasury role, with an emphasis on daily processes and transactions.
- Experience managing and leading others is preferred.
- Candidates with both Treasury experience and exposure to the commodity sector are preferred, with specialized knowledge in Treasury for physical and financial commodity trading.
- Regular engagement with banks is required.
- Strong business acumen and operational understanding of the Treasury function and how it supports a trading platform.
- Excellent research, documentation, and line-item resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills, with a demonstrated ability and desire to collaborate internally and externally to provide top-tier support and deliver results.
- Must be technically proficient and adept with Treasury, financial, and reporting systems knowledge and skills.
- Experience with multi-currencies is a plus.
- Experience with the Kyriba Treasury system is preferred.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 084 9838 to discuss further.Apply for this job