Join us on this week’s Treasury Career Corner podcast as we explore Linda Dixon’s exciting career journey from the early discovery of her passion for finance and treasury to her current role as Director of Treasury at Multimatic, Inc.
Linda began her career with Barrick Gold Corporation as an Accountant but was soon drawn into the company’s sophisticated worldwide operation as a Treasury Analyst. Since then, Linda has had increasingly senior roles with some of Canada’s largest multinationals including; Aecon Group, Brookfield Asset Management, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA, now a member of Intact Financial), Siemens Canada and Rogers Communications Inc. She is now with Multimatic Inc., a privately held global enterprise supplying components, systems, and engineering services to the automotive industry.
Linda graduated from the University of Toronto with a major in Economics. She is also a Chartered Professional Accountant, a Certified Treasury Professional and a Canadian Risk Manager.
On the episode we cover a number of different topics such as managing cash flows, building relationships with bankers, navigating regulations and fraud prevention, and adapting to industry changes.
Listeners can expect to gain insights into treasury management in the automotive industry, the importance of continuous learning, the value of networking, and the challenges and opportunities in treasury.
On the podcast we discuss…
- Linda’s early discovery and passion for numbers and finance
- Her transition from a career in finance and accounting to treasury
- The challenges of dealing with treasury in a diverse business environment
- The benefits and learning experiences she gained from contract roles in differing industries
- Handling treasury and investments in the highly regulated insurance industry
- Navigating the Covid-19 challenges during her roles at RSA Canada
- Treasury challenges in the automotive manufacturing sector
- The importance of building strong internal and external relationships
- Why fraud is a top concern for treasurers and educating organizations about risks is essential
- Why you should embrace challenges and seize opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- The value of networking in building confidence and opening doors
- Why engaging with professional organizations like the AFP can provide further opportunities
You can connect with Linda Dixon on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!