In this episode, Jonathan Leon, the Senior Vice President and Corporate Treasurer at Owens & Minor, shares his treasury career journey and the importance of centralizing treasury functions.
Since May 2018 Jonathan has been the Senior Vice President and Corporate Treasurer for Owens & Minor, a Fortune 500 Global Healthcare Solutions Company integrating product manufacturing and delivery, home health supply, and perioperative services to support care through the hospital and into the home.
He brings with him a wealth of experience and expertise in treasury management and has successfully led various acquisitions and integration processes. He is currently responsible for the treasury, investor relations, corporate development, tax, insurance, real estate and credit functions for the company. Prior to that, he served as Vice President, Treasurer, after first joining Owens & Minor in January of 2017.
Before joining Owens & Minor, Jonathan worked for The Brinks Company for eighteen years, serving as Treasurer for nine. He has extensive experience in global treasury and corporate financial management.
On the episode we discusses Jonathan’s career path, starting from his interest in finance during university and his decision to pursue a corporate route. He shares his experiences working in different areas of corporate finance and capital budgeting before transitioning to treasury management.
On the podcast we discuss…
- Jonathan’s career path to date from finance to corporate treasury
- The importance of having a broad understanding of finance and accounting in treasury roles
- Jonathan’s insights and approach to treasury management, including continuous improvement and leveraging best practices from other deals
- The importance of mentoring and developing team members
- The significance of centralizing treasury functions for better decision-making and self-sustainability within the company
- The importance of understanding the complexities of different industries, such as healthcare, in treasury management
You can connect with Jonathan Leon on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!
Subscribe to the Treasury Career Corner podcast newsletter to receive a link to every week’s episode as soon as it’s published via click here!