On this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, I’m thrilled to be joined by Himanshu Kher, the Group Treasurer at LMAX Exchange. Backed by years of experience in banking and consulting, Himanshu shares his career journey and discusses some of treasury’s principal challenges and uncertainties through the years.
LMAX Exchange Group (LMAX Exchange) is an award-winning global financial technology company that operates one global marketplace for FX – enabling transparency, open access and a level playing field for all market participants. LMAX Exchange is one of the fastest growing financial technology companies in the UK, with a solid presence and exchange infrastructure in all major FX markets around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific. Their unique vision for global FX trading is transforming the world’s largest financial market through transparent, fair, precise and consistent execution.
LMAX Exchange operates a global exchange infrastructure with matching engines in London, New York, and Tokyo. The company’s institutional client base spans over 100 countries. Their unique, robust and scalable technology is at the core of LMAX Exchange. Continuously focusing their expertise on refining and improving trade matching technology, ensuring ultra-low latency, precise, consistent execution and transparent cost of trade for both the buy and sell-side.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Himanshu got into treasury
- How the financial market in Asia and specifically Hong Kong compares to the United Kingdom
- What it was like for Himanshu to go from banking to consulting during the financial crisis
- Why every Group Treasurer needs a supportive Chief Financial Officer
- An insight into the structure of the hybrid treasury team at LMAX Exchange
- How automated technology can help treasurers add even more value in their roles
- Whether the uncertainty surrounding Brexit should be something to concern yourself with and whether it’s possible to plan for the unknown
- Why you should get a treasury qualification if you want a long-term career in treasury
- The importance of being inquisitive, driven and pragmatic as a treasurer
If you would like to get in touch with Himanshu, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!