Businesses across the world need skilled treasury professionals, which means, if you are so inclined, you can potentially travel the world with a career in treasury.
Brendan Boucher, Group Treasurer of Compass Group Plc, can certainly confirm that. Brendan’s career has taken him across the world, from Moscow to Vienna to Dubai, in roles with FTSE100 mainstays to startups fresh out the gate.
Brendan has held his role at Compass Group Plc since January 2018. Prior to this, he was Group Treasurer at AstraZeneca, Petrofac Limited (based in Dubai) and OMV AG (based in Vienna). Brendan is a chartered accountant and Fellow of the Association of Corporate Treasurers.
Such a varied CV has given Brendan plenty of insights and experiences to inform his work with hospitality giant Compass Group Plc, and he joined me in this episode to discuss his international career, the Covid-19 pandemic and its effect on Compass Group Plc, and lots more.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Brendan got started in treasury and the deciding factor in his move away from GSK
- What it’s like to go from working for a large corporate to a startup
- How Brendan handled international relocations and how they benefited his career
- What Brendan and his team at Compass Group Plc have done to mitigate the effects of Covid-19
- How Brendan manages the introduction of new technology to a decentralised business
If you would like to connect with Brendan, you can find him here on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!